[LarrysList] WW1USA - September 29-30

Laurance Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Mon Sep 17 16:51:59 CDT 2018

Event #14 in our centennial commemoration series for WW1USA will be held on September 29-30 - a little less than two weeks away.

Our September event will be commemorating the Meuse-Argonne Offensive which was a major part of the Hundred Day Offensive that brought WW1 to a close.

This event will be held outside on the lawn of the WW1 Museum and Memorial and will include both phone (SSB) and CW operations.  The event is sponsored by the Raytown Amateur Radio club, but all area hams are invited and encouraged to participate.  If you'd like to sign up for a time slot (or multiple time slots) for this event, please use our on-line signup system at the link below:

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c044daeab2da2f49-ww1usa14

Since this is an outdoor event, we will be operating the full 31 hours from 10AM on Saturday through 5PM on Sunday.

All license class operators are welcome and encouraged to participate - regardless of previous experience or skills.  Extra-class control operators will be on duty at all times, so all bands will be available to all operators.

There is only 1 additional scheduled event as part of our centennial commemoration of WW1 after the September event.  That event will be November 3-4 and will be indoors.  The plans for WW1USA beyond these last two events are still in discussion.

Please let me know if you have questions.   We hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Herb Fiddick (NZØF)
hfiddick at gmail.com