[LarrysList] World Scout Jamboree 2019

Laurance Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Tue Sep 11 21:03:52 CDT 2018

I am writing on behalf of a fellow ham in Tanzania, who would like to represent his country at the 2019  World Scout Jamboree.  His name is Hidan Rico, 5H3TSA/5H3HO/5H3ARC.  I have met this gentleman on several occasions and he has not only been helpful to me, he coordinates Scouting efforts throughout Tanzania.   I had to good fortune of presenting a talk about Amateur Radio to the scouts in Dar es Salaam a few years ago.  Hidan has been very ambitious in promoting both scouting and Ham radio in Tanzania.

He is the current trustee the Tanzanian Amateur Radio Club; he helped me get my licenses there.  He asked me to make a presentation to a group of scouts a few years back, which I did. He ran a Scout Jamboree in (Arusha) Tanzania last year. He has been active in JOTA/JOTI as well and I set up an Allstar node #48821 for them to use this year.

The cost of this trip will be at least $3000.  As those of you who make international trips might know, air fare is not cheap these days.  There is a PayPal account that has been established for fund raising.  If you are so inclined, a contribution would be greatly appreciated.  The event starts July 22, 2019 and ends August 2, 2019, but fees and deposits are due before that.

Donations can be made at PayPal, TanzanianScouting at gmail.com.  Any and all contributions, large or small, will be welcome.  I myself have already made a donation.

https://wsj2019.us

73,

Charles Powell - NK8O