[LarrysList] Independence MO Preparedness Fair September 15 - NEXT SATURDAY!

Laurance Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Mon Sep 10 08:26:55 CDT 2018

Please join the City of Independence, MO Fire Department: Emergency Preparedness Division in conjunction with the Harry S Truman Presidential Library and Museum for the 2018 Emergency Preparedness Day on September 15th. Concentrating on Harry S Truman’s establishment of the Federal Civil Defense Administration in 1952, we will be highlighting numerous active emergency preparedness groups within the Independence and Greater Kansas City Metro area. We will open the day with flag raising at 9 a.m. and booths will be open through 3 p.m.

Numerous Boy/Girl Scouts of America will be in attendance to work on earning their Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Communications and First Aid merit badges as well as learn about the history of Harry S Truman’s presidency.

The area’s HAM operators will be set up to communicate from the library with “Harry” at his home.

<http://visitindependence.com/event/emergency-preparedness-fair/>

More information is online on Facebook:   <https://www.facebook.com/events/1091406417693175/>   or you can call the Independence Fire Dept: EP Division at 816-325-7168.   Hope to see you this weekend!

Janelle Bird
JBird at indepmo.org