[LarrysList] Bike MS: Gateway Getaway Canceled Due to Inclement Weather

Larry Staples w0aibw0eao at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 17:13:36 CDT 2018

Larry...FYI below....was scheduled for this weekend.

73

Cliff Rozar, KCØSDV
kc0sdv at gmail.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

After serious consideration, the National MS Society and Bike MS organizers have made the very difficult decision to cancel the 2018 Bike MS: Gateway Getaway ride due to the inclement weather along the route and surrounding areas. With the forecast of solid rainfall throughout the weekend including flash flooding with a large portion of the route in low-water crossing areas, we have concerns about being able to provide a safe event for cyclists, volunteers and staff.

We know our cyclists have put in a lot of training and fundraising efforts, but the safety of our riders and being able to have a well-supported event is our top priority. We share in your disappointment of not being able to join together this weekend, and we appreciate your support and understanding.

The weather, like MS, can be unpredictable, but we won’t let it stop us from reaching the ultimate finish line of creating a world free of MS together!

Please make sure to share and get the word out to any of your volunteer teams that the ride has been canceled. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,

Sarah Christmann

Sarah Christmann | Volunteer Engagement

National Multiple Sclerosis Society

12125 Woodcrest Executive Dr. Suite 320 | St Louis, MO 63141

314.446.4187| ext. 27187 | sarah.christmann at nmss.org

My office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. –  4:00 p.m.