[LarrysList] Still need a few volunteers fo r the Hawk 100

Laurance Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Sat Sep 1 09:25:00 CDT 2018

We still need a few volunteers for the Hawk 100 in Lawrence   which will be held September 8th  and 9th, 2018 at Clinton State Park in Lawrence, KS.

The event  starts at 6 am, Saturday the 8th and ends Sunday the 9th at about 1 pm. There are 3 aide stations/checkpoints to be manned, all inside the park and accessible by vehicle. The aide stations will be fully stocked with food and beverages.  We could use extra help in the event of a medical need arising.

The event is 30+ hours long and we are looking for volunteers to help with the last two  shifts.

Shifts will be as follows:

Third Shift....10 pm Saturday to to 6 am Sunday
Fourth Shift…6 am Sunday to event completion (about 1 PM)

We will be using HTs on 440 to communicate from the one of aide stations to Start/Finish. The other stations will have equipment in place, but please bring an HT if you have one.
Send me an email at  <KA2FNK at gmail.com> and indicate which shift or shifts can cover. Please include your name, Call and contact information.
Thank you,

Contact number: (913) 575-3763
--