[LarrysList] Final post before WAARCI Hamfest 2018

Larry Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Fri Jul 20 19:59:32 CDT 2018

Hamfest is here! Just a few small items before the day begins:

I’m delighted to accounce that the Challenge Coin Campaign forum received an extra bonus! WAARCI Treasurer plans to participate in the presentation, and he is bringing his HUGE collection of challenge coins to put on display during the forum. So if you don’t know much about the coins and their origins, please join us. The forum begins at 11:00am.

If you have a WAARCI Challenge Coin, make sure to bring it. Presenting it at the door will get you and extra ticket for our prize drawings. If you don’t have one, they will be available for purchase for $10. Join or renew your club membership for one year and you can buy one for $7.50; and with a two year membership or renewal, they will be just $5!

Finally, make sure to stop by the Youth Booth with the youngsters. There will be some prize drawings specifically for the younger Ham generation, Ham Radio coloring pages, CW Code Cards and an oscillator to try it out. Learn to spell your name with the help of one of our Youth NCO’s. Learn more about our Youth Net and find out how to get your kids on the air. The best of all, the Youth prize drawings, and ONLY the Youth drawings, are free for any youth to enter, and no one has to stay to win. All it takes is to provide the youth’s name and age, and a parent’s name, contact information, and call sign (if applicable).

This is bound to be the best ‘fest yet! I can’t wait to see everyone there!

Until then!

73,

Kristl Thompson, KE0QYM
ke0qym at gmail.com