[LarrysList] Outages expanded

Laurance Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Thu Aug 23 20:55:50 CDT 2018

Earlier I posted this message:

*******************

Dear Friends and Family:

I just posted this message to my amateur radio friends:

Village Shalom (where I live now) has informed us that from 8 a.m. until Noon tomorrow, August 24, we will have either no internet, TV and telephone, or it will be spotty.  I think the supplier is making permanent the repairs that were made temporarily a couple of weeks when a contractor broke a cable.

I will keep my cell ‘phone charged and at the ready.  (816-591-3319)

Larry

I have just been informed that this outage could last from 12 to 16 hours! That means 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. or possibly until midnight tomorrow night.  So, I will not be able to be standby control for the Casual Friday Night Net on Friday evening at 8 p.m.

Does this remind some of you veterans of SNAFU?

Larry