[LarrysList] Media Hits for FD

Larry Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Mon Jun 27 07:15:15 CDT 2016

If any of our local Field Day groups had successful media hits, how about sharing with ARRL and with Larry’s List?  (If more of the citizenry knew of ham radio, we might get less resistance to our efforts to get more reasonable accommodation of our antenna wishes.)

=======================================

>From the ARRL Pr reflector:

There were a lot of good stories that came though this year. A lot of them are on the Media Hits page at <www.arrl.org/media-hits>. I do have some catching up to do, though.

So, PICs/PIOs, let's go over your results:

1) What kind of outreach strategies worked for you this year? What didn't work?

2) What PR tools or guidelines provided by ARRL did you use? What did you come up with yourself?

3) There was the new social media bonus available for using Facebook/Twitter/etc. Did you take advantage of it? If so, how?

4) Did you try anything new in 2016? If, so, what?

5) List your one big takeaway from 2016 that you would share with other groups just getting started in PR outreach.

6) Did you have any visitors from served agencies, or any elected officials? If so, what was your successful pitch to get them to come out?

7) What kind of media coverage did you get? What was your ratio of media asked vs media who showed up? How did you pitch the media? Press release? Phone call? Social media? Something else?

8) How many visitors to your site did you have? How did they learn about your site? How did you engage them? How many interested people signed your guestbook or left an email address? How do you intend to follow up with them?

Let's get a dialogue going.

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Media and Public Relations Manager
ARRL - The National Association for Amateur Radio
(860) 594-0328
skutzko at arrl.org
web: http://www.arrl.org
Twitter: @ARRL_PR