[LarrysList] June VHF contest is this weekend

Larry Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Sat Jun 11 10:32:41 CDT 2016

Good morning Larry,

Could you please remind the list that this weekend is the ARRL June VHF contest?  Starts at 1:00 cdt this afternoon (1800 Z ) and goes until 10pm Sunday nite- or 0300Z Monday.  All bands 6m and up.  FM is allowed, but most operators will be running SSB, cw, or digital.

I'll be part of a multi-operator effort at Greg WQ0P's station near St Marys KS, in EM19WF.  We've done several contests from this location over the years, separately and together.  It's a great location.  We'll have a kw each on 6m and 2m, 300w each on 222 and 432, and 10w on 1296, with long-boom yagis on each.

If you have vhf/uhf all mode gear and want to give it some exercise, point your antennas our way and give a listen around 144.200 usb.  We'd love to work you.  If you want to set up a sked, email me and I'll forward it to Greg.

73,

Todd Brandenburg K0KAN
k0kan.todd at gmail.com