[LarrysList] Fox hunt this Saturday in Warsaw!

Larry Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Wed Jun 1 13:43:39 CDT 2016

Benton County ARES is holding a Fox Hunt on June 4th, 2016 at 10AM CDT. We will meet at Orscheln Farm and Home parking lot in Warsaw. Orscheln is located just south of Highway 7 and west of Highway 65. Here's a map:

https://goo.gl/maps/6tJJtjXEpUp

Talk-in will be on the 146.925- (107.2) repeater.

If you're new to fox hunting, come early (9-9:30) and we will have a fox hidden close to the starting point to hone your skills. Many of the participants will be first-time hunters, so we'll all be learning!

We will have three VHF foxes hidden within a few miles of the starting point. The rugged terrain in the city of Warsaw will make things exciting!  Bring your HT and any directional antenna you can whip up. Do a Google search for "measuring tape yagi" and you'll find plans for antennas you can build from your junk box. No fancy prizes, but you'll have great fun and learn some valuable skills. We'll be grilling hot dogs afterwards and will accept a small donation to cover the cost of the food. We do have some door prizes from vendors that will be given away. Come and enjoy some springtime fun with us! Call Rick Wade KDØCNC at 660-596-2376 if you have questions.

73,

Rick Harkins, WØYGH,
<rick.harkins at gmail.com>