[LarrysList] Amateur Radio Parity Act - Senate Bill S-1685

Larry Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Wed Nov 11 19:00:38 CST 2015

This morning I received an email from ARRL President Kay Craigie, N3KN, requesting an urgent response from ARRL members whose Senators are about to decide the fate of S-1685. Excerpts from Kay's message follow:

"We have good reason to think that S. 1685 may be scheduled for mark-up in the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation as early as next week. Mark-up is an extremely important step in the bill's progress through the Senate. TKG is taking action on the Hill to support Senator Wicker's efforts on behalf of the bill. Every committee member's office has been contacted and has been sent the link to our video debunking opponents' misrepresentations. TKG will meet with the committee staff this week. Any letters to members of the committee that are now at TKG will be delivered in advance of the mark-up."

"We learned this morning that CAI has asked their members to contact Senators on the committee to communicate what can only be called bald-faced lies about the legislation. They are the same lies addressed in our video. However, we will not rest on what has already been done."

"We need a blast of support for the bill to these Senators (committee members) now. Please contact your Senator(s) today by telephone or e-mail with the following simple message:

"I'm a constituent and an amateur radio operator. I am calling to urge Senator [BLANK] to support S. 1685, the Amateur Radio Parity Act, when it comes up for a vote in committee on November 18th. Thank you."

Here is the list of Senators on the committee whom you should contact immediately asking their support of S. 1685:

KANSAS (7,280 Licensed Hams)
 Sen. Jerry Moran
 Phone: (202) 224-6521

MISSOURI (14,800 Licensed Hams)
 Sen. Roy Blunt
 Phone: (202) 224-5721

 Sen. Claire McCaskill
 Phone: (202) 224-6154

NEBRASKA (3,791 Licensed Hams)
 Sen. Deb Fischer
 Phone: (202) 224-6551

The committee's web page at:

http://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/committeemembers

has a link to each committee member's own web site.  There you
will see a link that may be titled "Contact" or "Connect" which leads
to local office phone numbers and an e-mail template.

Thanks and 73's,

ARRL Midwest Division
Director: Roderick K Blocksome, K0DAS
k0das at arrl.org