[LarrysList] Bob Atkeisson, AFA7AT/W0AT

Larry Staples larrystaples at mac.com
Wed Nov 4 11:20:25 CST 2015

Missouri/Kansas Air Force MARS, along with all of USAF MARS, celebrates with Bob Atkeisson, AFA7AT/W0AT, today on the occasion of his 92nd birthday!

Over the course of his life, Bob has made substantial contributions to both AFMARS and amateur radio in the region through his various endeavors including his career at F. C.C., active involvement in amateur radio clubs, being a founding member of the 34/94 repeater in Kansas City, and a veritable plethora of other accomplishments!

USAF MARS honors him today by conferring upon him the special, honorary appointment of Member Emeritus. A formal presentation of an award for 65 years of service to Air Force MARS will take place at a later date.

Bob has been a member of USAF MARS for 65 years - by far the longest continuously serving member of our organization. We raise him up today as an example of everything that exemplifies the qualities of a radio amateur to which we should all aspire.

In my early years in ham radio, Bob was one of the first hams I got to know (probably 2nd in line behind Beryl Master, WB0EJJ) on the 34/94 repeater in Kansas City when I first moved there in 1978. He was ever present and ready to answer anyone calling on the repeater.

Congratulations on your birthday and MANY happy returns, Bob!

James R. Duncan, AFF7MO/AFF7KS/AFA7VV
State MARS Director - Missouri/Kansas
USAF MARS
a/k/a A.R.O. KU0G